Monday, February 2, 2015

She loves me, She loves me not

As most of us hot blooded teenagers now a days look for a special someone that we can call our girlfriend/boyfriend. As that is now culturally accepted, is this honestly acceptable? I for one cannot say that I haven't dated but I feel that through the experience I learned more about myself and what it truly means to date someone. In a relationship there are two people, at least that is the relationship that culture looks at. In reality there should be three people in a relationship, a Man, a Woman, and God. As everyone thinks that relationships are based off of relying on your other half for the most of things in life, which yes is good to do but there needs to be lots of room for God. Think of it as a triangle, with the man at the bottom left, the woman at the bottom right, and God sitting king on top of both. As a man and woman get closer with each other they should be heading towards the peak to God, because if they are not the relationship will simply not last, or will be worthless in the Christian viewpoint. Because in the Christian viewpoint our end goal as Christians is to end up in heaven with God to spend eternal life with him. So why is that so hard for us to accept and do? Because we are only humans, and are tempted by sin everyday. Most people look for a relationship for only the romance, others look for it for someone to share their life with.

In total I think dating is something that should really be taken seriously, I take dating as a Journey. You start off wondering through the mist to travel to the top of the mountain top where you find the best treasure. Your other half. If you use dating in a selfish way and don't plan on taking it seriously to find your partner for life. Then I don't think dating should be accepted.







Facepalming our culture.

3 comments: